Proxy Bids on Elite Collectible Halters Now Being Accepted.
|Old Friends’s Michael Blowen with owner/breeder Mandy Pope
(Photo by Rick Capone)
GEORGETOWN, KY – OCTOBER 29, 2015 – Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement Farm in Georgetown, KY, received a very special donation this past weekend.
Owner-breeder Mandy Pope, whose Whisper Hill Farm is located in Citra, FL., presented Old Friends’s founder and President Michael Blowen with halters worn by her most famous broodmares, 2011 Horse of the Year Havre de Grace and 2011 Kentucky Oaks winner Plum Pretty, along with halters from the mares’ respective 2015 foals, both by War Front.
“I like to help all of our Old Friends,” said Pope. “I hope these halters will help–I hope they will help a whole lot.”
Pope donated the halters to the auction that will be held at Old Friends’ Breeders’ Cup Celebration Sponsored by Red Brand Fence on Sunday November 1st. at Noon.
The halters will be auctioned during the event’s Live Auction of elite racing memorabilia. But email proxy bids are now being accepted for these and six additional collectible halters. The halters available for proxy bid are:
- CURLIN, Two time horse of the year and 2007 Breeders’ Cup Classic Winner
- INVASOR, Horse of the Year and 2006 Breeders’ Cup Classic Winner
- LITTLEPRINCESSEMMA, Dam of Triple Crown Winner American Pharoah, being offered with a halter from her foal, Irish Pharoah
- MUCHO MACHO MAN, Winner of the 2013 Breeders’ Cup Classic
- SERENA’S SONG Hall of Fame Champion mare
- HAVRE DE GRACE 2011 Horse of the Year. This offered with a halter from her 2015 War Front colt
- PLUM PRETTY Winner of the 2011 Kentucky Oaks. This offered with a halter from her 2015 War Front colt
- MIDNIGHT LUTE Two-time Breeders’ Cup Sprint Champion (2007, 2008)
Bids will be accepted via email. Interested bidders can email email@example.com with their best offer beginning today. Please be specific about the item you are bidding on and your top offer.
PROXY BIDS ACCEPTED UNTIL SATURDAY OCTOBER 31ST AT 7 PM
Tickets to the event are still available and reservations can be made by calling the farm at (502) 863-1775 or by visiting the website at www.oldfriendsequine.org
For more information contact Old Friends at (502) 863-1775